Saturday, December 22, 2007

Thank God It's Saturday!

It's been a tough week, and that's not because of scrambling for Christmas, because I'm not. Emotionally I am wrung out.
Erik
Little Erik went to be with the Lord - his service was Monday and it was very emotional for my daughter, Katie, and her friends. School was dismissed at Noon that day to allow students to attend the funeral and many were there. They held each other and cried. They reached out to students they had barely noticed before this event. They held each other up and held each other's hands. They looked one last time upon their friend's body before all of him was gone from this earth forever. They greeted the family with tearful smiles, hugs and handshakes. Everything they did was salted with tears. My heart ached for the family and for these loving and brave students, many of whom were facing death for the first time as adults.
Family
There was emotional strain in our household as well. I don't like airing my dirty laundry, so I won't go into details, but suffice to say, a close family member is an alcoholic who is falling off the wagon hard. If you have had an alcoholic loved one, you know everything that goes along with it. If not, Google alcoholism.
Pray.
I'm just glad it's Saturday morning, calm and quiet. Thank you Lord.

No comments: